대한치과위생학회

Don't sweat the manikin exam: Tips for acing your dental hygiene licensure

마네킹 시험에 당황하지 마세요. 치과위생사 면허 취득을 위한 팁

It's normal to be stressed about your manikin-based licensing exams, but with the proper preparation and resources, you don't have to be.

마네킹으로 보는 면허 시험에 스트레스를 받는 것은 정상적인 일이지만, 적절한 준비와 리소스가 있으면 스트레스 받을 필요가 없습니다.

March 29, 2023

2023년 3월 29일

The dental hygiene clinical board examination can be a daunting undertaking. But whether you’re taking the Patient Treatment Clinical Examination (PTCE) or the Simulated Patient Treatment Clinical Examination (SPTCE), with the proper preparation and resources, you can ace this exam and be one step closer to becoming a licensed dental hygienist.

치과위생사 실기시험은 벅차고 어려운 일이라고 생각 할 수 있습니다. 그러나 PTCE(Patient Treatment Clinical Examination: 실제 환자로 보는 시험) 또는 SPTCE(Simulated Patient Treatment Clinical Examination 시뮬레이션으로 보는 시험)을 치르는지 여부에 관계없이 적절한 준비와 리소스를 통해 이 시험을 통과하고 면허를 취득한 치과위생사가 되기위해 한 걸음 더 다가갈 수 있습니다.

After 16 years of practicing clinical dental hygiene, I found myself face to face with the SPTCE to acquire licensure in a new state. To say I was nervous is an understatement. I knew how to remove deposits from a human, but removing deposits from a manikin was something I had yet to perform since the beginning of dental hygiene school.

16년동안 치과에서 치과위생사로 근무한 후, 저는 새로운 주에서 면허를 취득하기 위해 SPTCE를 접하여 공부하게 되었습니다.

내가 긴장했다고 말하는 것은 절제된 표현입니다.

나는 환자의 침착물을 제거하는 방법을 알고 있었지만 마네킹에서 침착물을 제거하는 것은 치위생학과에서 대학을 다니고 난 이후로는 제거 해보지 않았습니다.

But I did pass—and with the right resources to prepare you, so can you.

하지만 저는 실기시험에 통과했습니다. 준비할 수 있는 적절한 리소스가 있으면 여러분도 통과할 수 있습니다.

Clinical examination agencies 실기시험에 관련된 시험 기관

There are three clinical board examination agencies: Western Regional Examination Board–Commission on Dental Competency Assessments–Council of Interstate Testing Agencies, Inc. (WREB-CDCA-CITA); Central Regional Dental Testing Service (CRDTS); and States Resources for Testing and Assessments (STRA) that offer the PTCE and SPTCE. Not all states accept the SPTCE, so definitely research which examination is accepted by the state in which you will seek licensure.

3개의 실기시험에 관련된 3개의 시험 기관 위원회가 있습니다: 서부 지역 시험 위원회 – 치과 역량 평가 위원회 – 주간 시험 기관 협의회(WREB-CDCA-CITA); 중부 지역 치과 검사 서비스(CRDTS); PTCE 및 SPTCE를 제공하는 테스트 및 평가(STRA)를 위한 주별 리소스. 모든 주에서 SPTCE를 인정하는 것은 아니므로 면허를 취득할 주에서 어떤 시험을 인정하는지 반드시 알아야 합니다.

Each agency has different requirements for passing. For example, WREB-CDCA-CITA consists of two components, the PTCE or the SPTCE and a 100-question Computer Simulated Clinical Examination (CSCE). The CSCE is offered at a testing facility, such as Prometric.

각 기관마다 합격 요건이 다릅니다.

예를 들어, WREB-CDCA-CITA는 PTCE 또는 SPTCE와 100문항 CSCE(Computer Simulated Clinical Examination)의 두 가지 구성요소로 구성됩니다.

CSCE는 Prometric 같은 시험 기관에서 제공합니다.

Be prepared 준비해야합니다

Once you know which examination you must take, carefully review the candidate manual. Exam agencies provide each candidate with a candidate manual that details the exam day, procedures to be completed, and grading. Some testing agencies also offer webinars, question-and-answer sessions, or videos to provide further information for the exam. I can’t stress enough how important it is to READ the manual.

응시자는 어떤 시험을 치러야 하는지 알게 되면 매뉴얼을 주의 깊게 확인해야 합니다.

실기시험기관에서는 각각의 응시자에게 시험 날짜, 완료해야 하는 절차 및 채점에 대해

자세히 설명하는 메뉴얼을 응시자에게 제공해야 합니다. 일부 시험 기관에서는 webinars, 질의응답 세션 또는 동영상을 제공하여 시험에 대한 추가 정보를 제공하기도 합니다.

매뉴얼을 읽는 것이 얼마나 중요한지 아무리 강조해도 지나치치 않습니다.

Be punctual 시간을 지켜야 합니다.

Exam day is not the day to be running late! The manuals for all three agencies suggest arriving a minimum of one hour before your exam time. Arriving early allows you to check in and take a few deep breaths before beginning. If you’re scheduled to take your exam at an unfamiliar location, you should map out the directions or drive over the day before to have a good sense of where you are going.

실기시험날은 지각하는 날이 아닙니다! 세 기관 모두의 매뉴얼에는 시험 시간 최소 1시간 전에 도착할 것을 제안합니다. 일찍 도착하면 시작하기 전에 출석체크를 하고 심호흡을 하고 대기할 수 있습니다. 익숙하지 않은 장소에서 시험을 치를 예정인 경우 목적지를 잘 파악하기 위해 길을 잘 찾을 수 있도록 계획하거나 시험 하루 전날 운전하여 목적지에 미리 도착해야 합니다.

Don’t be afraid to ask questions 질문하는 것을 두려워하지 마세요.

The clinical board examination is a necessary part of acquiring licensure. When you’re reading your candidate manual or watching the orientation videos, jot down any questions. All the testing agencies encourage candidates to email them with questions regarding the clinical exam. On examination day, the testing facility/school will have clinic managers there to answer any questions. Don’t hold back; you’ll never know if you don’t ask!

실기시험 기관 위원회는 면허 취득에 필요한 부분입니다.

응시자가 매뉴얼을 읽거나 오리엔테이션 동영상을 시청할 때 질문이 있으면 반듯이 적어 두십시오.

실기시험 기관 위원회은 응시자가 실기시험에 관한 질문을 이메일로 보낼 것을 권장합니다.

시험일에 시험 시설/학교에는 모든 질문에 답변할 실시시험에 답변할 수 있는 담당자가 있을 것입니다.

주저하지 마십시오.

묻지 않으면 절대 알 수 없습니다!

What to bring to the exam 시험에 지참해야 할 것 

This is a common question when preparing to take the clinical examination. Although there are obvious things to bring, like instruments, a lab coat, and loupes, you first need some form of identification—without it, you won’t be admitted to the exam. I’ll repeat it: check your candidate manual for what forms of ID are accepted and how many you need. I know that WREB-CDCA-CITA requires two forms, but CRDTS requires only one.

이것은 실기시험을 준비할 때 응시자가 공통적으로 묻는 질문입니다.

실기기구, 가운, 확대경과 같이 가져가야 할 것이 있겠지만, 가장 먼저 신분증이 필요합니다.

신분증이 없으면 시험에 응시할 수 없습니다.

다시 한 번 말씀드리지만, 어떤 형태의 신분증이 허용되고, 몇 개가 필요한지 응시자가 매뉴얼을 확인해야 합니다.

WREB-CDCA-CITA에는 두 가지 양식이 필요하지만 CRDTS에는 하나만 필요합니다.

Here are some other items that will benefit you on exam day:

다음은 시험 당일에 도움이 될 몇 가지 다른 항목입니다.

Instruments: I recommend bringing at least two sets of instruments. Both sets should have a calculus detection explorer (ODU 11/12), a probe with 1-mm markings (UNC 12 or 15), and a mirror. Your instruments for calculus removal are your choice. I strongly suggest bringing sharp instruments you are comfortable using.

실기시험 기구: 최소한 두 세트의 실기시험 기구를 가져가는 것이 좋습니다. 두 세트 모두 치석 감지 탐색기(ODU 11/12), 1mm 표시가 있는 probe (UNC 12 또는 15) 및 치경이 있어야 합니다. 치석 제거를 위한 도구는 응시자의 선택입니다. 편안하게 사용할 수 있는 날카로운 도구를 가져오시기 바랍니다.

Lab coat: Although some facilities have disposable gowns, you will likely be comfortable wearing the lab coat you wear daily in the clinic.

임상 가운: 일부 실기시험 기관에는 일회용 가운이 있지만 클리닉에서 매일 입는 임상가운을 입는 것이 편할 것입니다.

Extra personal protective equipment (PPE): I know some facilities dispense PPE; however, if you prefer to wear a particular mask or gloves, I recommend you bring them.

여유분의 개인 보호 장비(PPE): 일부 실기시험 기관에서 PPE를 제공하는 것으로 알고 있습니다. 그러나 응시자의 특정하게 필요한 마스크나 장갑을 선호하는 경우 지참하는 것이 좋습니다.

You’ve got this! 당신은 이것들을 가지고 있습니다!

You have prepared for this clinical examination since first stepping onto the clinical floor. Treat this day like a typical clinical day, only your patient won’t ask to spit into the suction 100 times or have a large tongue you need to move out of the way. You get to focus on the skills you have learned.

당신은 임상 현장에 처음 발을 디딜 때부터 이 임상(실기)시험을 준비했습니다.

시험 당일 날 일상적인 진료하는 날로 생각하세요. 단지 이날은 환자가 백번이나 침뱉기를 요구하거나 당신의 시야를 가리는 큰 혀가 없는 것일 뿐 입니다.

그리하여 당신은 배운 기술에 집중할 수 있습니다.

Remember proper instrumentation techniques. Use your explorer with light assessment strokes to detect calculus properly.

Ensure you properly adapt, insert, and activate your calculus removal instruments to minimize tissue damage.

Tissue damage can cause failure on the SPTCE.

적절한 기구 조작법을 기억하십시오. 가벼운 strokes함께 explorer를 사용하여 치석을 올바르게 감지하십시오.

치석 제거 기구를 적절하게 조정, 삽입 및 기구조작을 하여 조직 손상을 최소화해야 합니다.

조직 손상으로 인해 SPTCE 시험에 떨어질 수 있습니다.

Every facility is different! If your facility allows for mechanical instrumentation, such as a magnetostrictive or piezoelectric, it is best to know if they are available for rent or if you need your own. Last, when probing, remember to keep the probe parallel with the long axis of the tooth with light pressure.

일부 실기시험 기관마다 다릅니다! 당신이 시험볼 시설에 Magnetostrictive 또는 piezoelectric 과 같은 기계 장비를 사용해야 하는 경우, 시험 장소에서 기계장비를 빌릴 수 있는지 또는 본인 장비를 준비해 오는것이 필요한지 알고 있는 것이 가장 좋습니다. 마지막으로 Probing 할 때 가벼운 압력으로 Probe 를 치아의 장축과 평행하게 유지해야 합니다.

All examinations can be stressful, but with the proper preparation and resources,

you can alleviate some of the anxieties and be one step closer to becoming a licensed dental hygienist.

모든 시험은 스트레스가 될 수 있지만 적절한 준비와 시험볼 장소에 이용가능한 리소스(자원)를 알고 시험에 응하는 것은 불안감을 일정 부분 줄일 수 있고,

면허를 취득한 치과위생사가 되는 데 한 걸음 더 가까워질 수 있습니다.

목록
닫기
닫기
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
35 Oral care before, during, and after pregnancy: Building blocks for a healthy baby / 임신 전, 임신 중, 임신 후 구강관리 : 건강한 아기를 위한 구강 관리의 기본 요소   관리자 2024.03.21 4
34 Hypertension screenings: Every patient, every procedure, every time / 고혈압 검사: 모든 환자, 모든 절차, 모든 시간(순간)   관리자 2024.01.31 36
33 Chairside Impact : Monarch Surface Disinfectant Wipes / 체어사이드 감염 : 모나크 표면 소독 물티슈   관리자 2023.12.11 37
32 치의학의 법의학: 의미 있는 기회 (내가 모를 수도 있는)   관리자 2023.10.20 33
31 수면무호흡증에서 치과위생사의 역할   관리자 2023.09.18 52
30 치과의사에게 필요한 것과 치과위생사에게 바라는 것   관리자 2023.09.11 37
마네킹 시험에 당황하지 마세요. 치과위생사 면허 취득을 위한 팁   관리자 2023.08.28 44
28 통합 치과위생이란 무엇이며, 그리고 그것이 어떤 환자에게 적합할까요?   관리자 2023.08.22 63
27 치위생학과 학생들에게 자신감을 심어주는 학습 기술   관리자 2023.05.03 61
26 손톱이 말하는 구강 전신 건강 (What fingernails say about oral-systemic health)   관리자 2023.04.13 345
25 구강건강 그리고 식품영양: 환자는 구강건강과 영양소에 대한 연관성을 이해하고 있을까요?   관리자 2023.01.25 144
24 중년기로의 전환 및 구강 건강 (Midlife transitions and oral health )   관리자 2022.12.29 85
23 번아웃으로 부터 회복 : 당신의 삶을 되찾는 5가지 단계   관리자 2022.11.30 93
22 FDA는 손 소독제 목록을 추가하여 메탄올 위험으로 인한 피해를 막기위해 리콜 권장   관리자 2020.07.21 419
21 COVID-19에 대한 치과 진료 권장 사항   관리자 2020.04.24 597
20 우식증 예방 : 실용적인 제품 및 입증 된 접근 방식   관리자 2020.04.24 485
19 화상의 원인에 대한 세심한 질문   관리자 2020.04.24 620
18 치과수관을 검사하기 위한 실용적인 가이드: Part 2   관리자 2020.04.24 665
17 우리는 충분한 역량을 가르치고 있습니까?   관리자 2020.04.03 492
16 덴탈 유닛 수관 테스트를위한 실용 가이드 : 1 부   관리자 2020.04.03 48427