대한치과위생학회

https://www.rdhmag.com/patient-care/alternative-practice/article/14291957/what-is-integrated-dental-hygiene-and-is-it-right-for-you

What is integrated dental hygiene, and is it right for you?

통합 치과위생이란 무엇이며, 그리고 그것이 어떤 환자에게 적합할까요?

April 6, 2023

The Oklahoma City Indian Clinic provides hygienists with a new area for growth—integrated dental hygiene. I-RDHs stress the importance of oral-systemic health and integrated care to those who visit the clinic.

Oklahoma City Indian Clinic은 치과위생사에게 성장/진보-통합 치과 위생이란 새로운 영역을 제시합니다. 통합치과위생사(I-RDH)는 치과를 방문하는 환자들에게 구강 전신 건강 및 통합 관리의 중요성을 설명합니다.

Research proves that poor oral health contributes to poor systemic health outcomes. Although clinical dentistry is vital to achieving oral health, research shows the importance of a preventive, comprehensive approach for optimal wellness.

연구결과에 따르면 구강 건강이 좋지 않으면 전신 건강도 좋지 않습니다. 임상치의학은 구강 건강을 달성하는 것이 필수적이지만, 연구에서는 예방적인 부분이 최적의 건강을 위한 종합적인 접근 방식이라는 중요성을 보여줍니다.

What is an integrated dental hygienist? 통합 치과위생사란

The Oklahoma City Indian Clinic (OKCIC) is paving the way with a unique approach to improving oral-systemic outcomes by introducing the integrated dental hygienist (I-RDH). The I-RDH position is the epitome of dentistry outside the box. As a public health organization, OKCIC focuses on true integration of care to lead to the best outcomes for patients. I-RDHs at OKCIC hold certificates in oral-systemic education from the National Network of Healthcare Hygienists (NNHH). They are deployed to various medical clinics and focus on the relationship between the oral cavity and overall health.

OKCIC(Oklahoma City Indian Clinic)는 통합 치과 위생사(I-RDH)를 도입하여 구강-전신건강을 증진하기 위한 고유한 접근 방식을 제시하고 있습니다. I-RDH position은 예전의 고정관념을 깨는완벽한 본보기입니다. 공중 보건 기관으로서 OKCIC는 환자를 위한 최상의 결과를 이끌어내기 위해 진정한 치료 통합에 중점을 둡니다. OKCIC I-RDH NNHH(National Network of Healthcare Hygienists)교육받은 구강-전신건강 교육 자격증을 보유하고 있습니다. 그들은 다양한 치과병원에 배치되어 구강과 전반적인 건강과의 관계성에 중점을 맞춥니다.

Staggering statistics 놀랄만한 통계적 수치

Nationwide, dental caries is the most common form of chronic disease in childhood. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, a child between the ages of two and four is five times more likely to experience tooth decay than the average US rate.1

전국적으로 치아우식증은 소아기 만성질환의 가장 흔한 질병입니다. 미국소아과학회(American Academy of Pediatrics)에 따르면 2세에서 4세 사이의 어린이는 미국 평균보다 충치를 경험할 확률이 5배 더 높습니다.

According to the American Journal of Public Health, American Indian/Alaska Native (AIAN) children have the highest rate of tooth decay among any other racial/ethnic groups in the US. On average, 68% of AIAN children have untreated dental caries. One-third of AIAN children report missing school because of dental pain, and 25% report that they avoid smiling or laughing because of the poor appearance of their teeth. Children between the ages of six and 14 have a history of decay twice the rate of dental caries experienced by the general population, and 91% of AIAN teens ages 15 to 19 have caries.2

미국 공중 보건 저널(American Journal of Public Health)에 따르면 아메리칸 인디언/알래스카 원주민(AIAN) 어린이는 미국의 다른 인종/민족 그룹 중에서 충치 발생률이 가장 높게 나타났습니다. 평균적으로 AIAN 어린이의 68%가 치료되지 않은 충치를 가지고 있습니다. AIAN 어린이의 3분의 1은 치통 때문에 학교를 빠지고, 25%는 치아가 좋지 않아 미소를 짓거나 웃지 않는다고 합니다. 6세에서 14세 사이의 어린이는 일반 인구가 경험하는 충치 비율의 두 배에 달하는 충치 병력이 있으며, 15세에서 19세 사이의 AIAN 십대 중 91%가 충치를 가지고 있습니다.

You might be interested in another alternative practice story: The entrepreneurial hygienist: Changing how care is delivered

당신은 다른 사례에 관심이 있을 수 있습니다. 기업 치과위생사: 치료 제공 방식 변경

What does appointment with an I-RDH look like?

I-RDH와의 약속은 어떻게 됩니까?

While a patient waits for their medical appointment, the I-RDH greets the family and requests consent to perform an oral health assessment. While looking in the oral cavity, the I-RDH evaluates several things, including plaque index, gingival health, dental caries, presence of sealants, signs of bulimia, and signs of abuse or neglect. Findings are addressed at that time and next steps are planned if necessary.

환자가 진료 예약을 기다리는 동안 I-RDH는 가족에게 인사하고 구강건강평가 수행에 대한 동의를 요청합니다. 구강을 관찰하는 동안 I-RDHplaque 지수, 치은 건강, 치아 우식증, 실란트의 존재, 폭식증의 징후, 학대 또는 방치의 징후를 포함하여 여러 가지를 평가합니다. 조사 결과는 그 시점에 다루어지고 필요한 경우 다음 단계가 계획됩니다.

Following the assessment, oral hygiene instructions are discussed with the child and caregiver. Most children need assistance implementing good home care habits, whether with flossing or providing healthier food and drink options. To complete the appointment, topical fluoride varnish is applied, and follow-up appointments are scheduled as needed. If a family is scheduling their child’s first dental appointment, the I-RDH will schedule the child so that their first dental provider is a familiar face, which provides true continuity of care.

구강건강 수행 평가 후 구강 위생 지침은 아동 및 보호자와 논의됩니다. 대부분의 아이들은 치실을 사용하거나 몸에 더 건강한 음식과 음료 옵션을 제공하는 등 좋은 홈케어 습관을 실행하는 위한 도움이 필요합니다. 약속을 완료하기 위해 국소 불소 바니쉬를 바르고 필요에 따라 후속 예약합니다. 가족이 자녀의 첫 번째 치과 진료를 예약하는 경우 I-RDH는 첫 번째로 진료를 해주는 사람이되어 친숙해지도록하요 치료의 연속성을 제공합니다.

Expanding integrated hygiene 통합 치과위생의 확대

Due to the success of the I-RDH program, OKCIC recently expanded to include an I-RDH in both the women’s health and metabolic care departments. By becoming part of the women’s health team, we have a unique opportunity to educate pregnant mothers from the start of their pregnancy. If we can help a mother be decay-free and establish routine home dental care, we can help their children establish a solid foundation from the start.

I-RDH 프로그램의 성공으로 인해 OKCIC는 최근 여성 건강 및 대사 관리 부서에 I-RDH를 포함하도록 했습니다. 여성 건강 팀의 일원이 됨으로써 우리는 임신 초기부터 임산부를 교육할 수 있는 특별한 기회를 갖게 되었습니다. 어머니가 충치가 없고 일상적인 홈케어를 정립하도록 하면 그들의 자녀가 처음부터 구강관리의 단단한 기초를 세우는 것을 도울 수 있습니다.

The I-RDH in the metabolic center is the newest addition to the I-RDH team. This clinician allows for more frequent education for the highest risk diabetic patients who are statistically more at risk for periodontal disease.

신진대사 센터의 I-RDH는 가장 최근에 추가되었습니다. 이 임상가는 통계적으로 치주 질환의 위험이 더 높은 고위험 당뇨병 환자에게 더 자주 교육할 수 있습니다.

OKCIC’s long-term goal is to have at least one I-RDH trained in oral-systemic health in every specialty clinic in the organization. With real-time dental access, education, and medical-dental collaboration, patients will benefit from true health equity that finally includes oral health.

OKCIC의 장기 목표는 공동체의 모든 전문 클리닉에서 구강 전신 건강에 대한 교육을 받은 I-RDH를 최소 한 명 이상 보유하는 것입니다. 실시간 치과진료, 교육 및 의료-치과 협력을 통해 환자는 마침내 구강 건강을 포함하는 진정한 건강 평등의 혜택을 받을 것입니다.

목록
닫기
닫기
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
35 화상의 원인에 대한 세심한 질문   관리자 2020.04.24 620
34 항체와 쇼그렌 증후군에 대한 새로운 연구   관리자 2020.02.06 190
통합 치과위생이란 무엇이며, 그리고 그것이 어떤 환자에게 적합할까요?   관리자 2023.08.22 63
32 치의학의 법의학: 의미 있는 기회 (내가 모를 수도 있는)   관리자 2023.10.20 33
31 치위생학과 학생들에게 자신감을 심어주는 학습 기술   관리자 2023.05.03 61
30 치과의사에게 필요한 것과 치과위생사에게 바라는 것   관리자 2023.09.11 36
29 치과위생사의 25%만이 두경부 검진을 한다. 왜일까?   관리자 2020.02.05 8401
28 치과위생사가 뇌졸중 예방에 중요한 역할을 할 수 있다.   관리자 2020.02.06 429
27 치과용 마취: 비외과적 치주치료에 유용한 마취제   관리자 2020.02.06 272
26 치과용 마취: 비외과적 치주치료에 유용한 마취제   관리자 2020.02.06 1617
25 치과수관을 검사하기 위한 실용적인 가이드: Part 2   관리자 2020.04.24 664
24 중년기로의 전환 및 구강 건강 (Midlife transitions and oral health )   관리자 2022.12.29 84
23 응급 의료사고에 대한 준비가 되어있습니까?   관리자 2020.02.06 311
22 우식증 예방 : 실용적인 제품 및 입증 된 접근 방식   관리자 2020.04.24 485
21 우리는 충분한 역량을 가르치고 있습니까?   관리자 2020.04.03 492
20 안면 보호를 위한 감염 관리 가이드 라인: Face shield   관리자 2020.02.06 346
19 수면무호흡증에서 치과위생사의 역할   관리자 2023.09.18 52
18 수돗물 불소화사업에 관한 질문에 대한 가장 좋은 대응: 인내심을 가지고 과학적인 증거로 답변 하는 것   관리자 2020.02.06 886
17 손톱이 말하는 구강 전신 건강 (What fingernails say about oral-systemic health)   관리자 2023.04.13 345
16 번아웃으로 부터 회복 : 당신의 삶을 되찾는 5가지 단계   관리자 2022.11.30 93